Thursday, February 08, 2007

Give and thou shalt get rid of stuff

Last week the postman brought me a brown paper parcel full of Chinese cookery goodies — at least I think they’re goodies, I haven’t actually tried them yet. Anne had received a load of free samples and she was generous enough to give the extras away on her cookery blog.

In the same spirit, I’m decluttering my bookshelves this week and giving away the paperbacks in the list below. I’ve already blogged about the difficulty of getting rid of books that are surplus to requirements so this isn’t an act of generosity, it’s housework. If you’d like any of the books just leave a comment telling me which one(s), then drop me an e-mail at lesleygrah@gmailhaha.com (but delete the haha) with your postal address and I’ll post them off to you (or I'll give them to you in person if you live close enough). Don't be shy, ask for several if you need lots of reading material. Don’t send anything in return but if you like, you could get rid of stuff give something away on your blog too. Hey, a giveaway meme!

We are the World, cue swaying.

The Books (They’re not all great works of literature — but some of them are, I just happen to have doubles)

7 comments:

y.Wendy.y said...

Oooh - lovely. If the Joanne Harris books are still going then I'd love them.

Lesley said...

Oh dear Antipo just asked for the same two by email. I'll send you one each.How's that?

Anonymous said...

I would like the Iain Pears and the Bragg if that's possible. will drop you a note.

Papilles et Pupilles said...

Great idea :)

Anonymous said...

Would like Joanna Trollope and read a review somewhere of Three Junes so if it is still there! Just going to read the post ...

Anonymous said...

Vernon God Little sounds like a good read, I could'nt ask you to mail it from France though! I'll look out for it at Smiths.

Have you seen, http://www.bookcrossing.com/

This is a good way of "losing" books for others to find.

Lesley said...

Andy: Just send me your address and I'll post it off to you, no problem. I'm about to have a look at Bookcrossing. Heather told me about a similar thing called Bookmooch

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...