Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Dumfries and Galloway


Castle loch
Originally uploaded by Lezzles.
10 things we did on holiday in Dumfries and Galloway



1. Fed the ducks (and geese and swans) on the lochs in and around Lochmaben
2. Visited Caerlaverock Castle — great for aspiring knights
3. Spent time with family
4. Went to Dumfries Agricultural Show
5. Saw the Monet Exhibition in Kirkudbright
6. Discoverd Wigtown, Scotland's book village
7. Ate (a lot, thanks to Mum)
8. Relaxed (a lot, thanks to Mum)
9. Filmed the children, took tons of photos. (See more at Scotland Aug 2005 - a photoset on Flickr)
10. Did a bit of shopping (got a nifty suede jacket)


So now it's home to "auld claes and porridge". While we were on holiday I read in the Scotsman that research show the beneficial effects of a holiday have worn off withing 24 hours of coming home.

4 comments:

Sarah Mackenzie said...

Glad you enjoyed your holiday in sunny Scotland. I recognise those shades of green. Only Scotland looks like that ;-)

Lesley said...

I agree, Sarah, and I appreciated how very, very green Scotland had been this year as we flew back into Bordeaux over the parched fields of the Gironde.

Sarolta said...

Your photos in Flickr are great, Lesley. I especially like the trees and the thistle. I'm glad you had a good time in Scotland. Cheers.

Guy Jean said...

Dunno about the effects of holiday wearing off so soon.... I got a lovely feeling just from looking at the loch photo.... Beautiful. Thanks.

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...